Winter HVAC System Maintenance Tips
HVAC System maintenance tips are vital for every gas furnace owner as in the chill of the winters; it is not a very pleasant experience to find out that your furnace is not working well. As the regular maintenance of the HVAC System is pivotal, in this article, we will be looking at some key issues that should be checked at regular intervals.
Points to Observe While Cleaning Your HVAC System
Keeping your HVAC system up and running during winters is essential in areas like Vancouver and Burnaby. There are prominent dips in temperature during these times, and the furnace is the only HVAC System to maintain indoor temperatures. The furnace maintenance, Vancouver therefore, has shared some great steps that should be adhered to, in case you are doing the maintenance on your own,
- Cleaning and replacement of the air filter – A dirty and clogged air filter reduces the performance efficiency of the furnace. The reduced efficiency of the air filter leads to energy wastage and damages other parts like the pump and the radiator unit.
- Cleaning of the air vents – Since the furnaces are gas-powered, there is a lot of soot formation and deposition in the air vents. These blocked air vents can degrade the indoor air quality and the soot may cause respiratory problems. Thus, it is essential to clean the vent regularly. To make the process easy and doable, one should consult the heating service, Burnaby.
- Add insulations – Insulations are essential in keeping your house warm and in maintaining the efficiency of the furnace. They also help in trapping the heat inside. However, insulations tend to get damaged after some time, and therefore, need to be replaced during every servicing.
- Check the thermostat – The thermostat plays an important role in saving energy and maintaining a proper temperature gradient in the house, both during the daytime and nighttime. Check if its batteries are new or not, set a lower temperature when no one is at home, and increase the temperature when you come back. A programmable thermostat is highly recommended for its smart monitoring, and temperature controlling efficiency.
- Cover the outdoor unit – Once the winter is gone, it is better to cover the outdoor unit. Since the furnace will not be in use, the outdoor weather can damage the outdoor unit. You can also get weather-resistant outdoor covers that can protect the unit from rain, snow, or dust.
- Schedule for the next inspection – The heating system inspection should be done twice every year. Hiring a professional will help in deducing tiny issues at an early stage. Thus, resolving the small problems during regular inspections will keep the system promising for future use.
In a nutshell, HVAC System maintenance is an eminent aspect that many owners tend to overlook. Hence, HVAC System should be taken care of regularly. In fact, if you feel that your heating system has some problems, Ariana Heating & Air Conditioning is your best solution. Don’t hesitate and contact our team at (604) 466-0072. We will be happy to serve you.